From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page deals with current events in or of interest to China and/or involving Chinese.
Deaths in July
Severe drought that began in May 2006.
• June23: none
• June17: none
- Typhoon Saomai, kills 111 people and leaves 4 missing in eastern China, according to the Chinese government. It is the strongest typhoon to hit China in five decades. (BBC) (Times, UK)
- Thousands were evacuated as Typhoon Prapiroon approached southern China.
- The People's Republic of China and Japan started the sixth round of talks on the East China Sea issues at Beijing's Diaoyutai State Guesthouse. China Daily
- Chen Shui-bian, president of the Republic of China (ROC) visits the United Arab Emirates (UAE) without prior notice, which does not diplomatically recognize the ROC. It is reported that military and oil cooperation was discussed. The ROC has also planned to move its representative office in the UAE from Dubai to Abu Dhabi. Chen was greeted by crown prince Hamed bin Zayed bin Sultan Al-Nahyan, a younger brother of the president of the UAE with red carpet, and the flag of the ROC was raised. (Ettoday.com) (World Journal) (Duoweinews.com) (BCC) (Duoweinews.com)
- The People's Republic of China said Thursday that it will hold talks with Japan to resolve territorial disputes involving gas drilling in the East China Sea. (guardian uk)
News collections and sources
- Wikipedia:News collections and sources.
- Wikipedia:News sources - This has much of the same material organised in a hierarchical manner to help encourage NPOV in our news reporting.
|Region:||Africa, Middle East, Oceania, Canada, China, Hong Kong, India, Macau, Pakistan, Southeast Asia, United States|
|Topic:||Computer and video games, Science and technology, Sports|